The first edition of this study guide was first published as a series of posts on my blog “Adventures in a Virtual World”, here.
These posts were written in preparation for my VCAP5-DCA exam (version VDCA510).
With the release of the VDCA550 exam in spring 2014, I felt I had to write a version for this exam as well. This guide is based on the VDCA550 Blueprint, version 3.2, as found here.
For more information about the differences between the VDCA510 and the VDCA550, read my post on this item.
This guide will meet the following goals:
- Based on the official Blueprint, follow the objectives as close as possible.
- Refer to the official VMware documentation as much as possible. For that reason, every Objective starts with one or more references to the VMware documentation.
- In case the official documentation is not available or not complete, provide an alternative.
- Write down the essence of every objective (the Summary part).
- If necessary, provide additional explanation, instructions, examples and references to other posts. All this without providing too much information.
In the official vSphere 5.0 documentation, all user actions are performed using the traditional vSphere Client. However in the vSphere 5.5 documentation almost all user actions are performed using the vSphere Web Client. In this revision, most pictures have been replaced; in some cases you will see the vSphere Client.
I hope all this will help you in your preparation for your exam. I welcome your comments, feedback and questions.