Today, Dell released Foglight for Virtualization, Free Edition 6.5.2. The vOPS Server products have been rebranded to the Foglight product line.
- Foglight for Virtualization, Free Edition is the new name for: vOPS Server Explorer.
- Foglight for Virtualization, Standard Edition is the new name for: vOPS Server Standard.
- vFoglight is now Foglight for Virtualization, Enterprise Edition .
- vFoglight Storage is now Foglight for Storage Management.
- vOptimizer Pro is unchanged.
Foglight for Virtualization, Free Edition 6.5.2 comes with all the features of its predecessor and one brand new feature, called the Snapshot Explorer. This utility should be able to detect all virtual machine snapshots, including orphaned snapshots. With the Snapshot Explorer the total number of utilities in this toolbox is now six, the other five utilities are:
- Environment Explorer, provides at-a-glance information about performance, efficiency and capacity.
- vScope Explorer, offers immediate identification of VMs, hosts and datastores suffering performance, capacity and efficiency issues.
- Search VM Explorer, delivers search capabilities, similar to Google, of the virtual environment.
- Storage Explorer, assesses storage performance and capacity across datastores and VMs.
- Change Explorer, lists all changes that occur in a virtual environment, and provides associated risk impact.
Foglight for Virtualization, Free Edition 6.5.2 now supports Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3.1, along with VMware vSphere 5.1 and Microsoft Hyper-V 2012.
Foglight for Virtualization, Free Edition 6.5.2 is available for download now: http://www.quest.com/foglight-for-virtualization-free-edition